Monday, October 13, 2008

A few - very few - highlights from the Southern Festival of Books this weekend. The camera wasn't cooperating too well, so there's not much.


Here I am - far right - with the Sisters in Crime panel, which took place on Sunday afternoon. Next to me is Courtney Mroch, in the middle is J.B. Thompson, moderator, immediate past president of SinC-Middle Tennessee, next to J.B. is Chester Campbell, current president of SinC-Middle TN, and on the far left, with the microphone, is Beth Terrell. We were discussing "Crafting Killer Plots for Murderous Mysteries," and a good time was had by all.





And here I am after the panel, a little fuzzy, at the signing table, between Chester Campbell and Beth Terrell. The kind and lovely ladies purchasing my book here, are Molly MacRae and her sister Cam. Molly is the author of "Wilder Rumors," and is a Sherwood Anderson Award for Short Fiction winner. I caught her panel on writing short stories on Friday afternoon, and she really knows her stuff.

Tha-tha-that's all, folks. I did a fun panel with Charlie Lovett on Saturday morning, but we forgot to take pictures, and then I was interviewed on live radio by River Jordan in the afternoon, but I didn't get a picture of that, either. And since it was live, it's not even recorded anywhere, for me to link to. But I'll do better next time, I promise. I had a good time, though, and that's really what matters, is it?

1 comment:

Courtney Mroch said...

I really enjoyed being on the panel with you! Very lovely, smart, and talented woman. I learned a lot from your answers. Well, from everyone's answers. I thought everyone had really insightful advice.) Looking forward to reading your book too.