Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wish You Were There - pictures from Coffee County

On Saturday, January 17th, 2009, I had the honor of participating the second annual Coffee County Public Library Author Day in Manchester, Tennessee. The brilliant JT Ellison turned me on to it, and it was tons of fun. I also got to taste the best cheese cake I've ever had, as well as some brownies that were to die for, and I got to meet some very nice people, including all the librarians in Coffee County - and librarians are some of my favorite people - and the Coffee County Mayor (see picture on the right). From the left, that's Mayor Pennington, JT, me, Beth Terrell, and A. Scott Pearson.


Here I am with the beautiful and talented JT Ellison, author of "All the Pretty Girls," "14," and - released just before Christmas - "Judas Kiss," all psychological thrillers set in Nashville and featuring homicide lieutenant Taylor Jackson and her sidekick and lover FBI profiler John Baldwin. Her next book in the series, "Edge of Black," will be released in September.




JT and I also shared out table with A. Scott Pearson, fellow ITW Debut Author and proud owner of the brand new "Rupture," scheduled to be released in a couple of weeks. Excellent book according to JT, who has read and blurbed it. When Scott isn't writing, he's a surgeon at Vanderbilt University, and you can find out more about him - and about "Rupture" - at http.www.rupturenovel.com



Finally, here's the whole group of us, all 26 authors who attended. I'm second from the right on the front row, in the bright lavender sweater. Leave it to me to wear something that makes me stand out!
Anyway, a fun time was had by all, and I've already been invited back next year, so if you're down that way, keep the date and time open!

No comments: